Dear forum

My boss is considering moving from Wordpress to Drupal, but my concern is that the site might not be as easy to optimize for search as WP if we do so? Can someone confirm/affirm?

The site I want would like to transfer is this: https://bettingpartner.dk/ - is it possible to keep the same layout in Drupal?

Most of our traffic is through Google, therefore it wouldn't make sense to lose this and thereby revenue if we can't edit e.g. meta tags, add canonicals and so on.

Thank you for all your replies.

Best

Tommy

Comments

itsnadeem’s picture

Drupal community has contributed modules, you can check the Metatag module which has all tags related to SEO.

TommyAP’s picture

Thanks, itsnadeem. 
And these modules will be just as easy to implement as e.g. Yoast or Rankmath, right?

Jaypan’s picture

I'd be more worried about SEO going from Drupal to WordPress, than the other way around.

That's not a dig at Wordpress' SEO, rather it's in support of the strength of Drupal in regards to SEO.

TommyAP’s picture

Can you elaborate? Seems like there's a history here? 
I've been more than happy with their support at least.

Keisha Dela Rosa’s picture

Hi,

I am new to Drupal. Can you tell me more about this website?

thanks!

TommyAP’s picture

What do you want to know?

alka_thakur_grazitti’s picture

furniturewinches’s picture

thanks

david25’s picture

Does it matter who is your hosting provider?

We use GoDaddy, running site on Wordpress right now. Godaddy's support has gone down a lot lately. 

Will try migrating, but in case someone has experienced any issues specific to GoDaddy then please share. Thanks

johnmorgan’s picture

Hi there. I am also new here. Interesting thread, thanks for the information.