please keep your garbage project and code only modules on githun or sandbox.

if your module only works on a distribution, state it as dependency.

drupal module list should not be you to ad your code abilities.

so many poor doced modues are unusable and makes website builders angry.

Comments

Jaypan’s picture

That’s horrible. I suggest you ask for a full refund of the money you paid. It’s ridiculous you should have had to spend so much for these modules. 

sealionking’s picture

is not about money,since they are open sourced, but about time. I just wish the community keep a good standard for modules. some this kind of module used to be listed in sandboxs.

Jaypan’s picture

So you're complaining because you don't like the work someone did for free?

sealionking’s picture

free is the most expensive, an economic principle.

if my friends ask my advise on choose cms, i wont recommend great drupal anymore.

free should not be the cause to do poor document. 

a good doc should release with a program, otherwise it will be unusable and waste people's time, with an ionic target to make programs less expense and reduce the cost for users. time,data,security,are all parts of cost. 

cost is not just the availability for codes.

and yes, i am complaining the work someone did for free, especially i heard the great drupal stories among the media about choose cms, with the community which are often a common pro people compare it with its counters. 

but recently experience with drupal 8 and its modules is not match the story of great drupal and great open source community.

as i say, some modules belongs to sandbox but incorrectly published on the drupal 8 module list. 

and sometimes a poor doced module makes things horrible, for instance, site down.

also,i think drupal module list is best to has a declare taxonomy terms for “builder” “user” “coder(developer)” ,not everyone here is a developer.

drupal is basically a cms, just as i know,  not only a developping  framwork.

not to drupal specially, just for open source"free" work and "free" software. i, like other normal(non developer)end users,  has also a non developer expect and experience.

yes, we should be thankful to the free work people does and did, i did not want to deny it. 

but usable is an basic expect we hold for open source free programs, not developingable.

Jaypan’s picture

So you're complaining that the work people do on their own time out of the goodness of their hearts isn't good enough for you.

What have you contributed back to the community?

It seems like quite a sense of entitlement.

I have dedicated hundreds, if not thousands of hours to my contributed modules, all on my own free time, progressively turning them into better modules as I became a better developer, and learned more about Drupal. My first modules were not anything close to the quality of what they are now. If I had gone by your theory, none of my modules would exist, because I wouldn't have gone through the stage where they are not as good.

Now if a user came to me with your attitude about the modules I coded for free, I'd tell them pretty directly what I thought of their opinion.

If you want to contribute modules to the community, then I will be more likely to give your words weight. But right now you're just a guy complaining because the work people did for free doesn't meet your standard. To that I say, pay someone to do it to your standard, or keep your opinions to yourself, as they are anti-community.

sealionking’s picture

so making modules is the only valuable way to contribute to the community?

i dont think so. testing modules and reporting issues also expensed my valauable time without payment. is that anti-community?

i also declared clearly,poor doced modules should not pubed but keep on sandbox.

critical comments are not easy to accept just like unusable modules.

eat your own dog food, if it is not ready for eating, dont pub to others.

i dont think i am dioing anticommunity, if a community cannot listen to users, it should declare clearly that it is only for developer.

Jaypan’s picture

so making modules is the only valuable way to contribute to the community?

I didn't make that claim. There are plenty of ways to contribute to the community, but you aren't talking about documentation and the like, you are talking about module development.

eat your own dog food, if it is not ready for eating, dont pub to others.

To which I say, if you don't like the modules, pay someone to build them for you. You are going to find pretty much zero sympathy from module developers that you are unhappy with the work they volunteer to provide for free.

if a community cannot listen to users, it should declare clearly that it is only for developer.

If a user describes volunteer work as 'garbage', they are not helping the community, and I'd posit that the community is better off without such comments. Your comments were not productive at all, and with the attitude and entitlement under which you wrote them, your post is entirely unproductive as no one is going to respond positively to your attitude.

Again, I suggest you ask for your money back, then find a better CMS that meets your needs, since Drupal is not right for you.

sealionking’s picture

where I talked about the money at all the beginning and all our conversation?

I am talking about user's (my own especially) experiences about some "garbage" (yes, again) works.

I did not say drupal is not right for me, I just said some "garbage" works are not for every non-developer user.

Besides, I made all my sites with drupal, based on many non-garbage but great works contributed by those great contributors.

I tried to stick on my specially opinion on those bad experiences brought to me(obviously to many others, too), not against all the community.

Again, I dont think complaining and criticizing are anti-community, if this community is a matured one.

Jaypan’s picture

A well reasoned argument ideally with logical suggestions for improvement. 

Complaining that you don’t like the volunteer work people have done for free - well you can do it. But none of those (us) volunteers are going to have any sympathy whatsoever for you with the way you’ve worded it. 

sealionking’s picture

i really appriecate the contributers, like you, makeing good maintance for their open sourced free works.

but i keep the right to criticize those poor maintained works.

also, some views about "best cms" from

https://www.cmscritic.com/wordpress-joomla-and-drupal-are-not-the-best-cms/