I am looking for a web tool that can present one text - forum or blog post - in different contexts.

Example: Users in my catdog forum have been discussing new species over months and various threads.
Now I want to present the best crossbreeds on one permanent page.
An original forum message shall not be copy-n-pasted but referred in some way, presented with, say, 6 lines of its text, which can be expanded with a button to the full text.

The idea is not new, last time I checked on version 6 of Drupal, and after several disucssions and a test installation, it turned out not to be feasible without major coding effort (so it might be easier to realize with a web framework from scratch, instead of Drupal).
But maybe I missed something, or Drupal has new feature now to support this kind of process.

Comments

yelvington’s picture

Sounds to me like you want to select a number of existing posts and include them in a list. That's pretty straightforward (even under D6, although it is no longer supported) through use of either the taxonomy system or nodequeues, in conjunction with Views (to create the aggregated display). Queue assignment will not disturb the "last modified" timestamp of a node, so it might be preferable. 

bb42’s picture

Thanks for this hint.
Just read this nodequeue doc: https://www.drupal.org/node/293117
Looks like this can be used without separate coding, but currently I can not image what the editor's interface looks like, what steps he would have to follow. These editors are not always technically minded people ;)

What I had in mind is a kind of wiki-esque style to combine the editor's comments with the refered posts:

I am impressed about you breeders creativity!
Here some examples of cat-looking breeds with the strength of a dog:
[#74#] - [#82#] - [#88#]
Some creations just go too far, this seems rather frigthening:
[#92#] - [#17#]
My personal favourite combines fox and persian cat appearances:
[#112#]