Hi

I've been out of the SEO game for about 15 years now so am totally lacking knowledge in this area, with this in mind could anyone advise what SEO software/platforms they use and would recommend?

For info, I used to use Web CEO back in the day, and I'd be interested to know if this even still stands in the rankings?

Thank you

Stephen

Comments

WorldFallz’s picture

There is no trick to SEO and no sw magic bullet. The best way to raise the SEO of a site is to post high quality relevant content frequently. Google finds all the tricks anyway.

Vincent-Liew’s picture

There is no easy way to show up on top of Google SERP overnight.

Fortunately, Drupal is one of the most SEO friendly CMS out there, and let me show you how to set up a strong SEO foundation for your web site using Drupal:

1. Keyword Research - Use Google keyword planner to research what kind keywords that are relevant to your web site, add them to your copy, in your title tags, URLs, meta tags, meta description, alt tags, internal links, and headers.

2. Web Analytics and Visitor Insight:  Install Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager & Webmaster Tools and run data on your Drupal site ASAP, and better still. Understand your customer behavior, demographics, keywords and traffic source from these tools.

3. Install these Drupal SEO modules to optimize your site
a. XML sitemap
b. Pathauto
c. Redirect
e. Global Redirect
f. Metatag
g. Google Analytics
h. Google News sitemap
i. Site verification
j. Page Title
k. SEO Checklist

3. Speed up and secure your website

4. Build a strong backlink profile that contribute to the overall strength of your domain and page authority.

5. Spy on your competitors, see what they are doing. Perform competitive research, and the continuous updating of your web content.

Hope this help.
Vincent Liew

AmyIness’s picture

These softwares only allow you to monitor your website, but they will not help you improve SEO. A solid way is to optimize the page for Google, put high-quality content frequently and try to increase traffic on the site.

SewEssential’s picture

Ahrefs is great for keyword and backlink research.

AccuRanker is great for tracking rankings. SERPLab is also really good for tracking. 

SEMRush is a great tool in general. Moz too.