Hi,

I recently sent a message to a community member and selected the option to send this to my email too.

The message never arrived my email and I can't find anywhere my personal messages which I remember I used to be able to do so in the very past.

Can you please advise?

Cheers

Comments

VM’s picture

per: https://www.drupal.org/forum/general/general-discussion/2009-11-26/pleas... please edit your post and move it to the 'post installation' forum. Thank you.

sp_key’s picture

This post is not about post installation of Drupal.

This post is about sending to and receiving messages from individuals on this community.

If I were to send you a private message and you were to reply to that message, where would I find that message?

Cheers

Sp_key

pixelsweatshop’s picture

He asked you to move your post to the appropriate forum. As per the forum descriptions:

Post installation
Drupal is up and running but how do I ...?

You posted this in "General discussion" and as per the description:

General discussion
For less technical discussions about the Drupal project. Not for support questions!
VM’s picture

In that case you are mistaken about how drupal.org works as it uses the core contact.module which does not save messages. If you didn't receive the message my guess it that your email address in your profile is wrong or it was caught in your spam filter. The feature you are discussing is in the private message module which is contrib and has never been deployed on drupal.org. Perhaps on groups.drupal.org but I haven't been on that side of the site in years.

pixelsweatshop’s picture

The message never arrived my email and I can't find anywhere my personal messages which I remember I used to be able to do so in the very past.

What does it say in your dblog when you do that?

Did you check your junk mail?

Do you use gmail? If so, it may be related to this https://support.google.com/a/answer/1703601?hl=en

sp_key’s picture

Hi Nicoz,

If I click on your profile and then select the "contact" option and send you a message, where will it arrive?

A few years ago it would arrive on a private message box under your Drupal profile. Now, I have no idea. 

I need to contact someone and when I sent him a message I selected the "Send yourself a copy" and I did not receive anything in my email. I can confirm it is not in my junk mail and I have the correct email account on my Drupal profile.

Cheers

pixelsweatshop’s picture

If I click on your profile and then select the "contact" option and send you a message, where will it arrive?

A few years ago it would arrive on a private message box under your Drupal profile. Now, I have no idea.

Drupal.org uses the core contact module. They would never arrive under a private message box under your profile. That feature is in the private message module.

You also didn't answer my other questions. What does it say in your drupal log? What does it day in your mail log?