Hi,

I am new to Drupal and want to build a function to track package status. Since some moduels are still not available, I plan to use Drupal 7 instead of 8.

The business case is : The package is received in US and assigned a US tracking number (UTN). The package is then shipped to China. As long as it pass the Chinese customs, a Chinese Tracking number (CTN) is assigned to the package, and this CTN is used to retrieve shipping status in China.

I create a content type called 'Package Status'. If has following fields:
UTN
Recipient Name
Recipient phone
Update date
Status message
CTN

I will post 5 nodes in sequential order for a given UTN package with following 5 different status messages, at 5 different update states:
(1) enter warehouse
(2) leave warehouse
(3) Flying to China
(4) In process in Chinese Customs
(5)Passed Chinese customs, a CTN is assigned

I will use a view to list all 5 nodes of a specific CTN, ordered by update date in ascending order. In this way, the package status is displayed in sequential order. A custom can search the status of his package by searching with the UTN.

The CTN is not assigned with its field being empty until step (5). I hope the view does following:

If CTN is not empty THEN
      Display something like following 
      <a href="http://chinese-delivery-site.com/index.php?ctn=******" target="_blank">Click to track status in China</a>
End If
Here ****** is the value in the CTN field

In other words, the link will not be displayed for the nodes of steps (1) ~ (4) since the CTN field is empty. At step (5) the CTN is not empty, then the views can extract the CTN value to create the clicking link.

My questions are:
(1) How to extract the CTN value and check whether it is empty in setting up a view?
(2) If not empty, how to attach the link with the node whose CTN is not empty ?

Any suggestion is sincerely appreciated!

Regards,
Derek

Comments

huida’s picture

Still waiting for guides / suggestions.....thank you very much!

sprite’s picture

Please move your post the "post installation" forum to obtain responses.

spritefully yours
Technical assistance provided to the Drupal community on my own time ...
Thank yous appreciated ...

ChengboZ’s picture

https://www.drupal.org/project/views_conditional : to make if for the displaying fields