I am in need of some custom programming and am thinking of posting my project to Elance.com. Any other ideas on where I should post to get quality programmers?

Comments

derekwebb1’s picture

gsh2000’s picture

I found someone on http://www.drupaljob.com

working out the final work arrangement

have used elance and guru... too much going on there...ASP and Cobol programmers apply for Drupal jobs..

websesame’s picture

Elance and guru ? Believe me its a minefield out there. I personally believe a good developer will need be desperate to go looking for jobs in those places.......in which case he's probably not a good developer.
Best of luck with your project

www.websesame.co.uk

mdraja’s picture

We have given the work to freelancers, But 75% of the time it has failed.
So we have decided to outsource the work to Company.

Freelancer is a single person, Who can work whenever he is needed or not. They are not very responsible.
Suppose, if you outsource the work to some Company, there will be a manager, customer support, they are well trained.
You can expect a quality deliverable from the company and not from the freelancer.
I can write a big article about the experience with Freelancers, In nutshell, "I personally find it", they are reliable like Company or an Organization.

GermanMatias’s picture

It's true that a company will have more resources destinated to a project, but it is also true that they will be more expensive. In my case, I'm a php senior programmer, more than 10 year of experience, know Drupal very well in its all levels, but I'm also a system engineer in the first place, so I work in a very organized way, scoping projects to the minimum details before writting a line, work in documentation, I give permanent updates, etc. So the best solution I suggest is to test programmers first, and if you find them reliable, work with them, you could save lot of money. :)

Germán Matias
gma (at) aulaweb.org

Steadywork’s picture

Looking to role out a commmunity site on an exisiting Drupal installation. Must interface with current registration process and include threaded forums, chat rooms and profiles. Will require demonstration of community programming qualfiications, experience and references. Project ready to move forward. Please no response from business development people that love to send long, poorly written emails. Contact buynythruwaybonds@gmail.com with your qualfications and let me know how hungry you are.

justageek’s picture

with your new project?

beware of hungry developers, you might just get eaten alive.

Bluefish’s picture

I am in need of a custom programmer who can work with my Drupal ecommerce website and further develop it. Any ideas on where I i can get a quality programmer from? We're in the Midlands UK. If any decent programmers are reading this then please send over details to ste_78@live.co.uk.

Thanks in Advance

edgar_estor’s picture

Any luck on finding a freelance web dev. ?

bulkreo’s picture

you should post your project on some freelancing websites...

datarazor’s picture

If you or anyone else is still looking for Freelancers, I can provide quality freelance talent (myself or others I know). We don't outsource and all our design and development resources (Drupal or not) are of high quality and follow all best practices. Good luck with your quest!

getcarter’s picture

Hi
we have a live project that has been fully designed and ready for coding, NOW

Ideally we are looking to work on a regular basis with one or two developers in house or remotely, freelance initially and with a possible permanent position moving forward with the right person.

We are a design agency in the Winchester, Hampshire UK, and have a requirement to code in Drupal on a regular basis for a new contract, our part will be to design all pages and delivery web sites using Drupal

Anonymous’s picture

If you're looking for a freelance drupal developer my recommendation would be to search on Google.

Jaypan’s picture

I bet no one thought of using Google to search before.

heykarthikwithu’s picture

Now Drupal jobs is the one of the good one, to post or to get the Drupal resource https://jobs.drupal.org/home