Moblog module with the current cvs version accepts images only, if the message is text only the message is not posted on the blogs (though mailhandler handler retrieves the message)

related discussion here,
http://drupal.org/node/10931

Comments

gkrishna’s picture

any reply for this post

javanaut’s picture

As far as the moblog module goes, you would need to specify a "wrapper node type". Any text parts of the message are appended to the body of this wrapper node. Alternatively, you could use mime_registry to map content-type text/plain to, say, a blog type. I'll be working on the moblog module next week, so I'll look into options for this.

There are definitely some loose ends to clean up before it's ready for regular use. For example, dangerous html tags are not filtered out before the node is submitted, so users could use the moblog for malicious intent.

javanaut’s picture

If your phone allows you to post text and a voice memo along with an image, and you specified the wrapper node as 'blog', the wrapper node would be formatted as such:

This is a picture of my cat.  He is very fluffy.

[image of cat]
[link to filestore2 node containing voice memo]

and the blog node would exist separately from the image and the filestore2 voice memo. It would be up to the moblog carrier plugin to determine the format for this. For example, it might make more sense for the memo to be a file attachment instead of its own filestore2 module. Being able to configure this non-programatically is beyond the current capability, but it would be a nice feature if each user could set a preference for such things.

For now, I'm using the attached_node module to create the output for each attachment, so whatever the node would display on the homepage as part of a list is how it would be rendered.

gkrishna’s picture

Yes, mime_registry and text/plain will fix the issue of handling text messages. Thanks for the explanation on wrapper node.