Take a look at: http://www.benslade.com/drupal

There's a problem I have to fix where the sound gets out of synch towards the end, so try not to get too annoyed by that.

This tutorial is aimed at first time admins of Drupal. It runs through creating a few basic pieces of content, enabling a module, setting up a few blocks, setting up a few categories, and then accessing various admin settings (all using 4.6.2)

All feedback appreciated.

Ben in DC
PublicMailbox at benslade dot.com
(append 030516 to the subj to bypass spam filters)

Comments

chrishaslam’s picture

Hi Ben

I didn't watch all this from end to start but skipped to various sections. I think this is pretty good especially for new users how often try to dive in without reading up on things first.

On the irc channel the same question seems to appear again and again about taxonomies and creating menu items, it might be worth breaking these out these type of issues into seperate sections also so they can be used as reference points for certain issues and minimising the download (and your bandwidth ;)

--------------------------------------------------------
"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." --- George Best

---------------------------
Managed Drupal hosting from Ixis IT

consen’s picture

Ben,
I think that this is great.
It should be excellent to introduce new editors and training quickly in the system of publication or administration tasks.
I just have inserted the link in our CONSEN forum.
I hope it will be published and not changed for a long time.
In the purpose of dissemination of the participative webs Do you think that this tutorial can be translated or subtitled?
Is this swf FLOSS?
Is there a tutorial about how to do these tutorials?
We would do similar in the areas of communities and architectures or constituencies or e-voting/e-participating?
A bit more conceptual complex but absolutely needed for us.

Please feedback, maybe we can do a common project in these areas.

en Ferran Cabrer i Vilagut
Cabrer.org
MUFICATA.com
T: +34 93 4238267
F: +34 93 4233430
Jaume fabra 12
08004 Barcelona
--------------------
CONSEN (EEIG) Euro-Group
CONSEN.org
Euro-Cluster pro-Information Society Technolog