Drupal 4.6.4 is available for download. Drupal 4.6.4 is a maintenance release that fixes problems reported using the bug tracking system, as well as 3 security vulnerabilities (two "less critical", one "not critical") that affect all previous versions of Drupal. Since the vulnerabilities are also present in the Drupal 4.5 series, Drupal 4.5.6 is released as well.
Upgrading your existing Drupal sites is strongly recommended.
There are no new features in these installments. For more information about the Drupal 4.6.x release series, please consult the Drupal 4.6.0 release announcement.
- Drupal 4.6.4 can be downloaded from http://drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-4.6.4.tar.gz.
- Drupal 4.5.6 can be downloaded from http://drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-4.5.6.tar.gz.
Drupal 4.6.4 fixes 3 security vulnerabilities (two "less critical", one "not critical"). Details can be found in the official security advisories:
To fix these security problems, you can (1) upgrade Drupal or (2) patch Drupal.
- To upgrade Drupal, follow the instructions in INSTALL.txt and consult the information below.
- To patch Drupal 4.6.3 to Drupal 4.6.4, use the patches below:
- To patch Drupal 4.5.5 to Drupal 4.5.6, use the patches below:
Remember that we have a security announcement mailing list, a history of all security advisories, and an RSS feed with the most recent security advisories. We strongly advise Drupal administrators to sign up for the list.
The most important bug fixes since Drupal 4.6.3 include:
- Fixed 3 security vulnerabilities
- Patch #21724, #37383, #12071, #37589, #35061, #14928, #28986: PostgreSQL fixes
- Patch #26033: PHP5 fixes
- Patch #37400, #34214, #33555, #28871: XML-RPC fixes
- Patch #36079, #20428: BlogAPI fixes
- Patch #20626: fixed problem with HTTP headers
- Patch #21924: made enclosures use absolute URLs to work around broken RSS parsers
- Patch #29133: fixed occasional problem with deleting forums
- Patch #31341: fixed occasional problem with deleting users
A complete list of all bug fixes in the stable DRUPAL-4-6 branch can be found at http://drupal.org/cvs/drupal/?branch=DRUPAL-4-6.
For the most trouble-free transition from an existing installation, it is recommended that you first upgrade to Drupal 4.6.3. If you are upgrading from Drupal 4.5.x or below, please consult the Drupal 4.6.0 release announcement, the Drupal 4.6.1 release announcement, the Drupal 4.6.2 release announcement, and the Drupal 4.6.3 release announcement for more information. To upgrade from Drupal 4.6.3, upload all of the files and directories in the Drupal 4.6.4 package to your webserver, replacing older copies of the files. As with any upgrade, it is a good idea to back up your site and database first.
No API or database changes have been made since Drupal 4.6.3 so all contributed themes and modules that work for 4.6.3 will work with 4.6.4.