There are three main ways to get the Conference Organizing Distribution:
The speedy way: Download the packaged COD distribution
There are two places to obtain the packaged COD distribution:
- As easy to install as core Drupal
- Packaged with Drupal core and all required modules and libraries
- Doesn't receive the benefit of improvements made since the latest package was created (which typically happens every few months).
The command-line way: Build it yourself using Drush and Drush Make
This method downloads COD and all dependencies. It's a great way to preview upcoming features in a development version of COD (cod-dev).
Note: These steps worked using versions that were current when this documentation was written: git 1.7, drush 4.5, and drush_make 2.2. Alter the instructions for later versions as needed.)
- Install Drush, instructions are available on the Drush project page.
- If you installed Drush 5 you can skip this step, otherwise install the Drush Make extension:
$ drush -y dl drush_make
- Setup your folder structure: (Note: this is to store the D6 version of COD)
$ cd ~/Sites/ (or wherever you usually setup your localhost sites) $ mkdir mysite $ cd mysite
Download the code:
git clone --branch 6.x-1.x http://git.drupal.org/project/cod.git
Run the cod-dev.make:
$ cd cod/cod6 $ drush make --working-copy 'http://drupalcode.org/project/cod.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/6.x-1.x:/cod-dev.make' cod6
Note: this should download Drupal core as well as all of the modules you need to install COD.
Run the build-cod.make:
$ drush -y make cod/build-cod.make $ rm -rf cod
- Go to your actual Drupal install in your browser and at /install.php, as you'll need to select the COD profile (D6). If you like to do the install from the command line use the following command.
$ drush site-install cod --db-url=mysql://username:password@localhost/db_name
replace username,password & db_name with your database login credentials.
The module-by-module method: Download the individual cod_support modules
At the core of COD's functionality are the cod_support modules. You can download these modules from the cod_support project. If you clone from Git or use the development snapshot, you can have the latest version of these features. Simply download cod_support, and enable the features you want using the Features module interface at admin/build/features.
- Download and enable only the features you want
- Makes it easy to add COD functionality to an existing Drupal site
- Drawback: You have to download module dependencies