Expose a filter to site visitors
Your view can expose a filter to your site visitors, allowing them to interact with the data in the view.
The following instructions assumes that you have gone through the steps of add a filter to a view.
- Navigate to the edit screen for a view (for example, admin/structure/views/view/MYVIEWNAME/edit).
- In the Filters section, click a filter. The Configure Filter dialog box displays.
- Click More.
- Enable the Expose This Filter to Visitors option
- Enable one of the following options:
- Single Filter If this option is selected, you can add a label and description which will be displayed to the site visitor.
- Grouped Filters If this option is selected, you can enable any of the following options:
- Remember Saves a visitor's selections.
- Allow Multiple Selections Allows a user to select multiple items.
- Widget Type Specifies whether to use radio buttons or a select list.
- In the table, specify the label, operators and values for each filter. You can add, remove and rearrange the order of filters.
- Click Apply
Note that some filters do not have multiple options and therefore do not provide a grouping option.