Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Last updated May 25, 2012.
- Add a few remaining major features to the File entity module such as a file access API, and metadata API.
- Cleanup and add test coverage to File entity to prepare it for merging into core.
- Improve the UI for managing files, file types, and file displays.
- Merge the File entity module into core's existing File module. This will provide Drupal core with the following features:
- Allow fields to be added to file entities
- A UI for adding, viewing, editing, and deleting file entities individually (e.g. pages for file/%file, file/%file/edit, file/%file/delete, file/add, etc.).
- A file access and metadata API that can be easily extended by other modules.
Initiative meeting every other Thursday in #drupal-media
Major tasks for File entity
- Add the file metadata API to File entity
- Enable the user to create arbitrary file types
- Add test coverage for all aspects of File entity
- Add documentation, both via hook_help(), in-file API documentation, and handbook pages.
- Improve the UI for editing files
- Improve the UI for managing file types and display
Major tasks for Drupal core
- Fix file usage, file delete API, and file entity class
- Improved stream wrappers for remote and system files
Major tasks for merging File entity into Drupal core
- Create a core sandbox for preparing and merging in order to generate merge patches
- Coordinate with other major initiatives and core changes to ensure the merge stays current