For a listing of the members currently holding these positions, please see the Governance page.
Permanent Members together make up the General Assembly, which holds voting rights over major decisions. Some Permanent Members are also members of the Board of Directors, who handle day-to-day affairs of the Association.
The General Assembly is made up of all Permanent Members, and handles voting on any major issues, including:
- Amending the statutes.
- Appointing or removing any Board of Directors members.
- Removal of a Permanent Member.
- Disbanding the Association.
- Changing the Association's legal status.
They will also convene at least once a year in order to approve the annual budget.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors handles the day-to-day affairs of the organization. It is comprised of several positions, including:
- President, who calls and presides over meetings, and is in charge of following-up on the Board of Directors. The current President is Dries Buytaert.
- Treasurer, who manages all funds and the budget, files financial paperwork, and maintains the membership list. The current Treasurer is Jacob Redding.
- Secretary, who handles coordination and reports of the meetings, files legal paperwork, and helps maintain the membership list. The current Secretary is Angela Byron.
In addition, the following positions are also set forth in the by-laws, and may be changed at a later date:
- Event Manager, who helps plan, budget, and coordinate Drupal events.
- Technical Project Manager, who helps plan, budget, and coordinate technical projects for the Association.
- Fundraiser, whose role is to help raise funds for the Assoication through sponsors, grants, and so on, and enter into strategic partnerships.
- Communications and PR Officer, whose role is to respond to inquiries sent to the Association, and provide information about the Association in the form of FAQs, newsletters, and press releases.
- Association Infrastructure Manager, whose role is to manage the infrastructure of the Association, and to devise ways of simplifying and streamlining the Association's work.
- Community Infrastructure Manager, whose role is to plan and manage the infrastructure of the Drupal project.
Please see the Staff section for a list of members who currently hold these positions.
Terms for Board of Directors members are fixed:
- 2 years for President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- 1 year for all other positions.
Membership status for non-permanent members is an important goal of the Drupal Association, and a formal structure is likely to be announced in the near future.