The Drupal Association is seeking a design partner for creative, graphic and website design services for a new DrupalCon brand. We're looking for people who understand the Drupal community, Drupal the project, software innovation, and our extreme nerdiness - and know how to turn these things into compelling designs that are functional, fun, and make people look twice.
- Overall conference branding
- Content hierarchy and IA for the DrupalCon website
- Design and theming
- Digital and print graphics design
Scope of Work
The design partner's work will reinforce a positive brand image of DrupalCon to attendees and within the Drupal community year-round. The design should reflect DrupalCon's position as a major international software conference and the community connections that make DrupalCon a unique event. The SOW may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Overall creative design of DrupalCon brand
- Digital outreach: newsletter templates, social media profiles (theme/icons), badges, ads
- Signage: venue signage, banners, sponsor signs
- Materials: slide decks, volunteer/staff clothing, giveaway items
- Print: letterhead/templates, badgelettes, sponsorship guide
- Style guide: production and use guides
- Theming for the DrupalCon website
The design partner will coordinate final design deliverables and production schedule with Drupal Association staff, and will actively participate in weekly planning meetings.
Please download the complete RFP which outlines the proposal process and requirements, and provides specific instructions on submission and question and answer processes.
Proposals are due February 22, 2017 23:49 EST (UTC-5). Please refer to the RFP for a full award timeline.
The respondent whole proposal best meets the needs of the project will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Thoroughness of proposal
- Demonstrated understanding of the project
- Quality of work samples provided
- Outcome of phone/video interview
- Availability and responsiveness of the project team
The Drupal Association's budget for DrupalCon design work is $30,000. The designer or company will also receive public recognition on the site via footer credits for 3 years and volunteer credits, and will receive a Bronze Sponsorship for the 2018 North America DrupalCon.