- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2016-003
- Project: Drupal core
- Version: 8.x
- Date: 2016-July-18
- Security risk: 20/25 ( Highly Critical) AC:Basic/A:None/CI:All/II:All/E:Proof/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Injection
Drupal 8 uses the third-party PHP library Guzzle for making server-side HTTP requests. An attacker can provide a proxy server that Guzzle will use. The details of this are explained at https://httpoxy.org/.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Drupal core 8.x versions prior to 8.1.7
Install the latest version:
- If you use Drupal 8.x, upgrade to Drupal core 8.1.7
- If you use Drupal 7.x, Drupal core is not affected. However you should consider using the mitigation steps at https://httpoxy.org/ since you might have modules or other software on your server affected by this issue. For example, sites using Apache can add the following code to .htaccess:
<IfModule mod_headers.c> RequestHeader unset Proxy </IfModule>
We also suggest mitigating it as described here: https://httpoxy.org/
Also see the Drupal core project page.
What if I am running Drupal core 8.0.x?
Drupal core 8.0.x is no longer supported. Update to 8.1.7 to get the latest security and bug fixes.
Why is this being released Monday rather than Wednesday?
The Drupal Security Team usually releases Security Advisories on Wednesdays. However, this vulnerability affects more than Drupal, and the authors of Guzzle and reporters of the issue coordinated to make it public Monday. Therefore, we are issuing a core release to update to the secure version of Guzzle today.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity